I know you all are DYING to know what I have been up to in Columbus?! Yes, you are sitting on the edge of your chair patiently waiting to hear.
(ps this post has been sitting in my draft box for the past week, its hard uploading pictures, ok not hard, time consuming maybe?! OH i'm lazy?! riiiighhhhttt!) So when I say this past week, I actually mean 2 weeks ago!******
I'm really exciting. I cannot deny that. Anywhoooo all sarcasm aside. Life in Columbus has been pretty great, I can't complain and we have kept ourselves surprisingly busy.
Okay, okay. Michael has kept himself, UN-surprisingly busy. Why?! Cause basically all he does is work. For instance, I was out of town for work ALL week and then when I get home Michael continues to work, and then he works the whole weekend and doesn't get home until 8 or 9. His life is crazy and sleepless. That is definitely not for me, I would be a monster!
So since my hubby is working about 98% percent of his awake life I have had to figure out how to get by on my own as a fake single lady. Does that sound wrong, cause I don't mean it that way! So what have I been doing? And what do Michael and I have do when we have a chance to see each other? Here's what we've been doing lately:
1. I have been eating tons of ice cream! Is this a surprise?! No! This past week while I was out of town for work I convinced my coworker Azure-Dee to eat ice cream with me 2 of the 3 nights she was there. OH and that one night we didn't have ice cream?! I convinced her we needed to buy candy at Wal-mart, because dessert is necessary.
2. Trying to exercise. OK I have been a slight slacker compared to where I was before we moved. This past week while I was out of town I set my alarm every morning to wake up , of the 4 days out there I got up 0 and turned off my alarm and chose more sleep. I blame this on the olympics, since i HAD to watch ALL of primetime each night. I mean, it's addicting. However, I did workout 3 of the 4 evenings I was there, but you can't do a ton on crappy hotel equipment.
Yesterday, AKA Saturday, I woke up early and wanted to enjoy the fall temps and went on a run around our cute town. I had a hair appointment at 10 and thought a half hour run would be good. Well I got lost in all the neighborhood streets and was phoneless so my run turned into almost an hour long run. It was still wonderful though, just slightly stressful towards the end!
|I did make it to my haircut though, post haircut pic!|
Today I woke up and wanted to give my lovely bike some attention. I hit the Olentangy River Trail hard and biked ALL the way downtown on my own! I was proud of this accomplishment!! The ride back was tough since I felt the thing was uphill the whole way back (obviously it wasn't). But I ended up successfully riding a little over 20 miles with only 1 picture stop break!
|Made it downtown!|
|Oh hello Christopher Columbus Ship and river!|
|Post bike ride, very proud of myself and my bike!|
3. Watching Olympics - I know I mentioned this already but I LOVE them. They make me feel so patriotic and the little stories they do on the athletes make me tear up almost every time. I have enjoyed everything from the Women's gymnastic team to all the track events to swimming to basketball to sand volleyball to diving to I could go on forever. Seriously, people take these games for granted! And what better way to motivate an obese nation? I mean I'm not sure if i'm the only one but I definitely wish I was in the athletic shape that these competitors are in! Although I find it slightly confusing that our country dominated in medals but then we also dominate in the highest rates of obesity in the world. SAD.
**side note** --- thanks to the olympics I want to find an adult beginners tumbling/gymnastics class. i don't think they exist in Columbus, I mean I googled it. If anyone knows more than me please let me know!
4. Not cleaning my house -- again I blame the olympics. House cleaning is not fun, i just skip it :)
5. Opening up the windows in the house -- cause um this weather this weekend is phenomenal and who doesn't love a fresh breeze through their house? ***note*** AC has been off in our house for over a week now, and its refreshing!
6. Enjoying local attractions like Buckeye Lake! -- Last Sunday Michael and I headed out to Buckeye lake with 5 or Michael's coworkers to enjoy a day out on the lake on a Pontoon boat. This day ended with some very silly people but it was a great time! The weather was overcast but still warm so we were one of the few boats out on the lake! This trip definitely made me consider owning a boat in my near future.
7. Going to the beautiful Tackett wedding in Kentucky - Last Friday I checked outta work early and headed to Lexington to celebrate the marriage of Brittany and Tyler! Their wedding was super cute and very pinterest-y. And it was great getting to see soooo many friends. Michael couldn't make it to the wedding cause of work though and at our table I was the 11th wheel...how ridiculous was that? I also got to cuddle with Becca all night long since she let me crash in her bed that evening! :)
8. Date night with the Hubs - Michael actually had the weekend off last weekend (first day off in 19 days) and we had a little date night last Saturday. He was recommended a restaurant called Figlio's near the Scioto river. The food was excellent and fairly priced! I had a super delicious chicken and mushroom ravioli (this exceeded all mushroom ravioli I have ever had!) and Michael had a yummy pizza and of course we split dessert! We then went home and enjoyed some Breaking Bad (obsessed). I love spending time with the hubs!
9. Hanging out with friends - Last night Catherine, Drew, Liz, and Brian came over to our house for cocktails, boardgames, and a bonfire. Well the bonfire was a fail, it rained alllll nigth. BUT I did make smores in the oven and we played taboo and scribblish and talked and laughed late into the night!AND Micheal made it home from work by like 8:30. It was wonderful! I love these Columbus friends!
10. Friday night we went to a brewery restaurant downtown for 2 birthday celebrations for Michael's coworkers. I thoroughly enjoy all of Michael's coworkers, I think he got super lucky with them. They are all awesome so far! Sadly Michael had to work the next morning though so we had to leave around 10.
11. Dog Park - today i took the doggys to the dog park for the first time in Columbus. The dog park was Meh, I think it's new, but I'm glad to get the little stinkers out of the house.
|On the way to the doggy playland!|
|playing and sniffing, sniffing and playing!|
12. Trying to learn how to landscape --- I left monday and everything was all good in the yard. I returned Friday and 1 fir tree is totally brown (what the what..it rained during the week!), 1 was partially brown, an animal is obviously eating my zucchini but does not have the taste for tomatoes cause there are approximately 20 of these monsters growing, and there is something living under our shed. I called my dad multiple times about these issues since the man of this house wasn't around. I watered the crap out of the dying trees, fingers crossed. But the animal thing...uh...I just couldn't get the courage to look under the shed. The past 2 days Willis has been freaking out about it. Whining and digging at the shed. I just don't want a rabies infested animal to jump out and bite me in the face. WAH. Fake single wife life.
|Sad dead trees :(|
13. Plotting a way to get all the mosquitos out of our backyard. I hate these monsters and they eat me alive! I just want to be able to enjoy my hammock. Any suggestions?
14. Watching every HGTV show known to man. I record every one of them i see on the TV guide. I think I've said this before, but in the past year I have watch more HGTV than I have ever watched in my entire life. I really enjoy Property Brothers, Income Property, House Hunters (not international ), and Love it or List it. I can't get enough.
AND that's it for the 2 weeks following Moonfest...I'm hoping that since I am out of town for the week I can catch you up on some awesome things I did this past week! I definitely kept busy, loving all the new friends and activities in Columbus (don't worry Lexington, NKY, etc friends, I love you too! )