Paisley

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Granola!

So today I forced myself to keep up with my resolution and make something new to me. Since there wasn't much extra time in my day I decided to make homemade granola. I had all of the ingredients already and I knew it would keep since I would be gone all week at a client.

I stole this recipe from a blog I read called Ben Does Life, it's his girlfriends recipe and its really simple but tasty! I tried a tiny bowl of it tonight with some milk but I can't wait to mix it in with my yogurt later this week!



Fact: Granola is delicious. AND easy to make (even I can do it!). 
  • 3 cups large flake oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup chopped or sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnut
  • 1/2 cup liquid honey
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy.. doesn’t matter)
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup raisins/dried cranberries 
  • Heat oven to 350. 
  • Mix together oats, coconut, almonds, walnuts in one bowl.
  • In another (microwaveable) bowl, mix honey, peanut butter and cinnamon (sometimes easier if you microwave it before for 25 seconds). Add to the oats/nuts and fold in until all mixed up. 
  • Spread on one cookie sheet (I would go with one that has a lip/edge to minimize mess).
  • Bake for 9-10 mins. Take it out, flip it overstir. 
  • Bake for another 9-12 minutes. Add raisins/cranberries. 
  • Let sit to cool then store or eat!

Using large knives to chop up almonds is scary!!!
 There's my yummy granola bakin' in the oven!


So there ya go. I am keeping up with this even though it's getting really hard! This week I've worked the most hours that I've worked so far. I guess I can't complain though since the client was in Lexington. But I did end up with something like 57 chargeable hours!!

However, I did get to enjoy my time off. Friday evening Michael and I had a little date night and hit up Hugh Jass Burgers for some yummy burgers, sweet potato fries, and there's marshmallow dipping sauce! SO GOOD! Afterwards we came home and snuggled on the couch to catch up on a few shows. With Michael and my schedule our show watching is REALLY behind!

After working until about 3:45 on Saturday I ran home to take care of my pups and then headed over to my friend Mollie's house to hang out cause the Robertsons were in town from NKY visiting for the weekend!! Michael was out hunting quail with his dad, yuck, so he wasn't there until later.

It was fun hanging out with bailey, tim, mollie, and becca. After the Cats won a nice little game of basketball we headed out to grab some dinner at Sals. I stuck with their classic wedge salad and consumed 2 of there AMAZING rolls in record timing!

On the way home from dinner we swung into my favorite place... ORANGE LEAF!! I can gladly hit that place up at least once a week. So if any of you need an orange leaf buddy, look me up!

After hanging for a while I was quite tired from my long week and wanted to head home to put on some stretchy pants. I wasn't feeling the whole going out to the bars thing, especially cause it was so chilly out. That is when the Larson's came over to chill and watch a couple episodes of Arrested Development. Fun times!!

Then today was another great day. Church. Lunch with the Kastens (I haven't been in ages and we got to get the dogs out of the house for the first time in a while!). Then Michael and I used a Groupon that I had to use at the Movie Tavern since it was expiring this week. We saw "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". Michael and I weren't exactly sure how we felt about the whole 9/11 thing. Not sure if it's been enough time. But I thought the plot was moving and I teared up a couple of times! We rounded out our day with bible study and picking up around the house. Oh and packing my suitcase once again.

I guess that's about it in my life. I thought some of you might want to know what's going on. Sorry there wasn't really much of a purpose to my post! Goodnight Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment