Paisley

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Workout Wednesday!



Hello and welcome to another workout Wednesday! Hope your workouts have been going well...my beginning of the week workouts were definitely lacking but hopefully I get back into the swing of things, typically my workouts are better mid to late week, maybe because its because I have this weekly reminder to workout!

I've REALLY been wanting running to outside to get back into my schedule since it's so nice out but I feel like after dinner it's either dark or i'm too full and i've been trying to get back into workout classes at the JC. So i'm stuck. I guess I need to give up a JC workout to run!

Anyway, here is my weekly recap!

Thursday: ZUMBA!! This workout brightened my day. I love dancing and shaking what my mother gave me in this class. It's such a fun and easy way to get an EXTREMELY sweaty workout in. I'm glad I reintroduced Zumba into my life after a few month hiatus due to schedule conflicts. Hopefully I can make it again this week!

Friday: R.I.P.P.E.D -- a new class that is taught by my friend Aly -- I had never tried this class and hadn't heard much about it but I was all for trying it out! It was definitely intense, which is the kind of workout I love. I felt like we were all over the place and my heart was going to beat out of my chest. WONDERFUL!! Here's the JC description of the class:

"The One Stop Body Shock! A high energy body conditioning class incorporating Resistance, Interval, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance training. This class will target all muscle groups by combining free weights and anaerobic conditioning. Designed to tone your body, improve muscular strength and increase cardiovascular endurance"

Saturday: Was a day full of workouts that left me feeling exhausted. The hubs and I woke up and headed to KY fit club. This week we did insanity cardio intervals (or something like that) and we felt like we were going to die. Everyone had a hard time keeping up with the class but I definitely felt like it was a good workout, especially if you had done it a few times. But I guess that's why they call it Insanity! 
After KY fit club Michael and I met up with Michael's Dad for a 20 mile bike ride on the Legacy Trail. Perfect weather. loving fall! And Michael and I finally have helmets so we can be safe!

Sunday-Tuesday: Appropriately colored blue because I became lazy. OK well I was really only lazy on Tuesday. I'll explain. Sunday there was no time for a workout but I cleaned my butt off, lets just say I was sweaty from that for sure! I can't even remember what I did Monday now that I think about it so no excuses there. And Tuesday I was not feeling good what-so-ever and had every intention of going to the 8pm RIPPED class but by the time that came around I was down for the count, sadly, because I enjoyed that cclass so much!

Wednesday: Today I went to what I thought was a class called Piloxing -- another new to me class. Here's it's description:

"try the latest Hollywood fitness craze! PILOXING uniquely blends the power, speed and agility of boxing with the beautiful sculpting and flexibility of Pilates. It is a fat torching, muscle sculpting, core-centric interval workout, guaranteed to whip you into shape. "
 
About halfway through the class I realize we have only been doing Kickboxing stuff and I have no idea why it has this special name until the end when the instructor says next week we will have the real Piloxing, thanks for letting me sub. I was like ooohhhh that makes sense. But the workout we did do was still excellent: lots of kicking and punching and jumping jacks!

Well that's it for the workouts...now I hope I can continue this string of working out! Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. SO, I might sound like an insane person, but I did 2 5:30am runs this week with John's Striders (John's Run Walk Shop). They meet at the Starbucks at Chevy Chase on Tues/Thurs mornings at 5:30. There is a "speedy" group and a "slower" group. There is a 6 mile route that they do, although some do shorter and some add on more! I know the time sounds INSANE, and I typically HATE mornings, but I've been loving getting in a great run super bright and early :)

    ReplyDelete