Paisley

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dinner with Dusty!

Well today was a pretty normal day: run at 6:45 (improved my 4 mile time to 33:30!), shower, school, homework, Becker, CLAAASSSSS (which lasts an eternity)...BUT WAIT.... What was different about today?!?!

DUSTIN WAS IN TOWN!!!!!
In the car together!
In the Dominican Republic together!
Hanging out at his house in Louisville
In Ireland together
In London together
In Spain together!
 In case you are unaware, Dustin is my little bro bro. Well not little, but younger, by 13 months that is! Dustin is a University of Louisville Mechanical Engineering student and ended up in Lexington today interviewing an engineer from Lexmark (printer making company based in Lexington) for a group project he is working on. I'd tell you about his project but it is WAY over my head, like WAY. All I know is that they are supposed to redesign this particular printer part that controls a part of a printer that I didn't even know existed. But anyway. Being in Lexington meant he got to have dinner with his sis sis and Meechael!

We debated for a while on where to eat and we ended up chowing down at Drakes. Dustin got some Alfredo Pasta with beef in it, I got their crab rangoon sushi rolls (delish!), and Michael got fish and chips. (tonight I learned I like fish and chips, it's a little late to learn after you've been to London twice and Ireland once haha!). Anyway, since it was a Thursday evening it was kind of crowded, therefore there were no real tables left. We were forced to sit at the awkward bar thing that faced a wall and was about a foot wide. No room for error when eating or your plate would tumble onto your lap.

Despite the awkward seating arrangement, I had to lean back so Michael could talk to Dustin, we had a good time talking and hanging out together! I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my bro, we've been through a lot together and have come to really appreciate each other.

One of my favorite things that I get to do with my brother is travel. My dad has taken us traveling since we were young, due to his Delta flying benefits. When I was in 5th grade we went to London and 6th grade Paris. We went to a lot of Caribbean islands. For spring break we went to London with a group of friends in college. And most recently Dustin and I ventured to Madrid, Spain and Dublin, Ireland. Traveling is something we both really enjoy and I'm glad we get to do it together!

That being said, I'm glad I could have dinner with my bro and my hubs. An enjoyable evening. Now for the rest of the evening I will think about studying. Tell myself I should be studying. And then maybe study a little bit. If I'm lucky. (this studying thing is getting a bit redundant!)

As for you all, hope your Thursday was wonderful and that you are as excited as I am about the warmer weather headed our way!!

Peace readers!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!!! So good to see my two Kentucky cuties!
    Love you both! Aunt Carin

    ReplyDelete