Goodness Gracious...it has been one year!!
One year of blissful marriage.
One year of becoming closer and knowing more about the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
One year of 2 graduate students living under one roof--living off of LOTS of loans.
One year of learning about each other's little habits, routines, and weirdness.
One year of coming closer to God through a great bible study he led us to.
One year of being parents to 2 great puppies (I can't leave them outta this post)
One year of always having my best friend by my side.
One year that I would NEVER change
This has been the best year yet, and I can't wait for many, many, mannnny more of these to come!
This year we have:
- Traveled to Costa Rica --where we zip lined, horseback rode, hiked, and relaxed
- Traveled to the West Coast (my first time) with Michael's Family
- Climbed a Mountain together (Mt. Hood)
- Went to Canada together (Vancouver and Whistler)
- Traveled through gorgeous cities like Portland and Seattle together
- Made it through Micheal's Third-Year rotations together
- Spent some time in Ashland, KY together
- Slept in 2 different houses with broken A/C together
- Raised a new puppy -- Carson -- together
- Ate a lot of ice cream and froyo together!
- Ran the Chicago Half Marathon together
- Played Fantasy Football on ESPN together
- Went on bike rides and dog walks together
- Learned how to cook together
- Decorated OUR home for Christmas together
- Actually spent New years together
- Went to a ton of weddings as a married couple together
- Cheered on UK and began fully immersed in our team together
- Made AMAZING married-couple friends from b-stud together
- Spent Christmas with 2 different families together
- Dressed up as each other for halloween together
- Driving Range and Sledding-- together
- Paid bills --together
- Smiled and laughed together
- AND SO MANY OTHER THINGS!
Well, that's that. Time for another awesome year together with many new and exciting things to come. I think we have definitely learned a lot and will be learning more as I start a REAL job, Michael will begin his Residency search and start working in July and many other things!!
Also, I would like to wish a very happy Birthday to Michael's mother Jan! Without her, we wouldn't be able to celebrate this occasion and she cannot be forgotten on this special day!
Hopefully tomorrow we will be getting a little weekend recap of our time spend in Madisonville and at the B&B!