Paisley

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Workin' it Wednesday!

Heeeyyy!!! So today I wanted to talk about my workout since my day mainly consisted of my long class and Michael leaving for Ashland this morning.

So, after class today I headed straight to the gym, despite my tiredness. Reason #1: We got free Chick-fil-a for lunch. Said Chick-fil-a had a chicken sandwich, sun chips, and a delish brownie. Well for some reason, probably cause I was feeling sick, I looked up the nutritional facts. BLECK. I had to go to the gym, the sandwich and brownie alone had 53g of fat...oh gosh. Reason #2: I need to get back into the habit. Reason #3: I wanna run the bluegrass 10k on the 4th of July (please join the race and run with me!). So to the gym I went!

I got there around 5 and the class (which I will mention in a sec) didn't start until 5:30, perfect opportunity to get a little sweat in on the treadmill, my lovely friend! I did 2 miles in 16:28 and man was I sweaty! Am I the only one this happens to? I mean when I'm done running the entire treadmill and myself are wet. The sweat apparently flies off  my legs because the front of the treadmill always has wet spots on it. I think I'm the grossest girl alive. I'm sorry for telling you about my nastiness, I just hope one day someone can/will relate!

Anyway, I grabbed a drink from the water fountain and headed to a new to me class called "Turbo Kick". All I knew about it was that it incorporated kickboxing moves (I did kickboxing one semester for credit, and I love it) and some dance. Sounded good to me!! I went in and the music was already pumping. The class was great, it kept my heart rate up, incorporated intervals, and was fun (although I wasn't always on beat a lot cause it took a while for me to catch on to moves). I will definitely try this class out again. I felt great afterward, but I was so tired during. To me, that is a great workout.

I googled turbo kick and this is what I learned.

#1 - Why do all workout video things insist on wearing terrible workout outfits? This is not the first, I know the zumba videos have some terrible clothing! I mean really... is that necessary?! Look at her shoes/ or shinguards. I don't really know what they are

#2  The website describes it as: Burn calories and blast fat! Turbo Kick® mixes kickboxing and simple dance moves with music that makes you want to move it! You’ll love having fun and losing weight. The unique Turbo Kick® movement patterns, combinations and techniques work together to give YOU the ultimate cardiovascular workout that will melt fat and reshape your body! Each full body workout consists of a sport specific warm-up, higher paced intervals, easy to follow combinations, kickboxing specific strength/endurance training and a mind/body like cool-down designed to maximize weight loss! No equipment is necessary, so there are no extra expenses.

#3 it was created in 1997 ---woah --- what have I been missing?

#4 I have videooooooooooo
So that's about all I know about Turbo Kick. The Johnson Center just released their class schedule until August and there are TONS of classes, so I am super excited. And they will keep having Turbo Kick, so if you are interested in going with me you are more than welcome to come right along!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks SO FUN! But intense! It looks like you have to learn all the secret code to keep up...

    I can't wait for this internship to be over so I can get back to working out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally fun! When do you get back?! We should workout together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Yoga Muscle at the JC. Whenever I'm a student again, I hope to get some group classes back in my schedule! BTW I just looked at the Bluegrass 10k, but Daniel and I are going out of town that weekend :( But, keep posting about future races!

    ReplyDelete