Paisley

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you survived the Monday like Tuesday after a great holiday weekend!! I had another one of my LONG classes today and will be having the last one tomorrow! Praise the Lord!!

Anywhooo wanna hear about my Memorial Day Holiday!?! Well I'll tell ya!
- First of all, I was going to go canoeing with Michael's sister but ended up not allowing myself because of the expensiveness, major studying that I needed to get done in the morning, and the fact that Michael wouldn't get to come along (we have a list of things to do this summer, and I didn't want to check it off without him!). Oh the downfalls of being frugal, missing out on the fun!!
- I got up and studied, yes, I really did
-I hit up Macy's for their "Memorial Day Sale" to get deals on wedding registry stuff...that was a fail only 1 of the 3 things I purchased off registries were on sale...oh well... at least I have 3 wedding gifts out of the way. I think there are still at least 5 other weddings we have to go to this year. It's crazy...is everyone married now?!
-Then it was time for the good stuff... POOL TIME!!

I packed up some of the leftover Caprese Pasta Salad, some hummus and bagel chips, carrots, iced tea, break-and-bake chocolate chip cookies, and some bevs and headed over to Becca's pool!! We had a great time, we were out at the pool from 12:30-5:30. I got some sun, but it really isn't half as bad as I thought it would be today. So yay, tanness without the pain! wooo!! Becca had a great get together there were about 12 people there that just hung out and sat and talked and some of us even tried to hide in the shade because it was such a hot day! it was in the 90s! Lets just say we were sweating most of the time! Here are the very limited pictures I took at the pool:




So after a good night's rest came my long class. Afterward Michael and I convinced ourselves to head up to the gym. I did 4 miles on the treadmill, which I haven't done in a while. And since I had lathered myself up in Aloe Lotion for my burn, I was sweating a ridiculous amount. There were beads of sweat seen on my everywhere, it looked like I had stepped out of the shower, not to forget that it was HOT inside!

After great workouts we headed home for din din. I made meatball sandwiches on Hawaiian bread and it was yum yum in our tum tums!! And you know what else I did today?! I did not have dessert, not with lunch, not with dinner. Y'all, this is beyond impressive for me, I normally have to have dessert with every meal. I guess that's what I was used to growing up and continued it into adulthood. BAD Habit! but I am proud of myself, even if it may only last a day!!
Michael was able to catch the salt falling on his veggies!
Well that's about it for now. Michael leaves for Ashland again in the morning. So grateful for the holiday weekend and that he was able to be back for so long! He'll be back again Friday evening, but it'll definitely be quiet around here!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I have a day without dessert, it's always a surprise. In a week I'm going on a chocolate cleanse for two weeks. It's to see if it helps my migraines, and if it does I might die a little inside. Life without chocolate? Can you even imagine?

    ReplyDelete