Paisley

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A cookie Adventure!

Due to the holidays and lack of feeling super great the past 2 days I'm just not going to post a workout Wednesday to avoid the depression that would occur from the realization of the lack of workouts. Hopefully I can get back into my workout routine tomorrow.

Today was actually a lazy day in general. However, I did get to meet up with Mrs. Vanna for breakfast at Magees like we used to do in the old days on Wednesday mornings at 8 (old days =before I started my job). It was great getting to catch up with her and everything. PLUS I haven't had my Magees sesame bagel in ages!

While Michael ran some errands and worked on his car...

I decided to make the cookies I had been planning on making before Christmas but somehow never got around to. My coworker originally made them and I wanted to try them out for myself!
 
Yes I realize the green cherries look freaky, but the recipe uses candied cherries (which freaked me out at first cause I don't normally like maraschino cherries) which are typically used in fruitcake (weird) and Kroger didn't have any red candied cherries left so I was forced to use the freaky green candied cherries!

They did turn out yummy and delicious though! Not a super sweet cookie, more of like a butter cookie covered in nuts and a barely there cherry, but I'm proud of them!

The recipe is super simple!!

Ingredients
1 cup margarine
½ cup sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
2 eggs
2 ½ cups flour
Nuts
Candied cherries

Mix 1 cup margarine and ½ cup sugar.
Stir in ½ cup light corn syrup, 2 egg yolks (set aside egg whites), and 2 ½ cups flour.
Chill the mixture.

Roll into 1-inch balls.  Dip into slightly beaten egg whites then into 2 cups finely chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts because they were cheaper than the pecans my coworker used, I think any nut will work!).
Place on greased baking sheets.  Press candied cherry halves into centers.  Bake in 325 F oven for 20 minutes.


And there ya go, a simple yummy jolly cookie!!


And now that I have watched my Wildcats win tonight it is definitely time for bed! Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment