Paisley

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lentils are awkward




Tonight I decided to try something new. In a bunch of healthy living blogs I read people eat lentil soup all the time and I know they are filled with protein and fiber, so why not be healthy? (not my picture)

Well....they look disgusting and they taste, um how do I say, awkward?! I was greatly disappointed that I didn't like them and really wished I did. OH well, a can of soup down the drain.

So instead I had a Chobani raspberry greek yogurt, which made my tummy feel terrible. Amongst all this negative eating I did have some positives from the day!

Today I am thankful for wonderful sunsets on my drive home from Cynthiana... even though it distracts me from the road, it's nice to have something peaceful with me on my ride home alone.


You know what else I'm thankful for? Intense treadmill workouts. Um hello I could barely run at one point but I love feeling all the oxygen entering and leaving my lungs!

I am also thankful for sweet desserts with friends! Tonight, on this SUPER chilly evening, I met up with one of my favs Annie for some much needed Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. It has been way too long, like a month since I had orangel eaf ;) . And it was wonderful catching up with Annie! They had holiday flavors (eggnog, gingerbread, and peppermint) but none of them tickled my fancy so I opted for my usual Cake batter with strawberries, coconut, sprinkles, and granola,  and a little chocolate syrup....YUM!
And with that positive note I am outta here...so excited that tomorrow is FRIDAY! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment