Paisley

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Workout Wednesday

Look's like it's that time of the week again for Workout Wednesday! And I am super proud of my commitment this week! I worked out every. single. day. And I never felt like I was forcing myself to do anything I didn't want to do! So let's get a recap!


Thursday: Treadmill workout. I covered 4.55 miles in 40 minutes with an average pace of 8:57. This is slow for me because this was the incline workout I did. 0%, 1%, 2%, and 3% intervals. It was intense and grueling but I loved it!


Friday: R.I.P.P.E.D! Gotta love all those spiderman pushups, quick feets, and plyometrics that make your muscles burn!


Saturday: KY Fit club we did Hip Hop Abs. Fun and entertaining workout with dance moves that barely makes you feel like you're working out but afterwards you're sweating!


Sunday: Chilly outdoor run with the bestie, Becca! We braved 3.6 miles in 32 degrees and chatted along the way!


Monday: I ventured out to the same course from the day before. 3.6 miles. I think I found a new loop that I like doing. This run I felt like I was in a great rhythm and pushing it hard! Not sure of my exact pace but it was under 8:30 miles which is great when I'm scared to death of falling while running in the dark!


Tuesday: A new workout for me! My friend Elyse tried this class I had heard of before called Pure Barre, I had however never gone because I knew the classes were SUPER expensive. Like $20 a class! But Elyse informed me that you're first class is free so I was all about that! 
 
Wikipedia describes this Pure Barre technique as "total body work out that burns fat and tones the body. Pure Barre's is work out that was created around ballet, Pilates and weights. Pure Barre has four steps to working out: warm up, thigh work, seat work and ab work." Let me tell ya this class is TOUGH! You aren't doing that hard of things until you realize you will be holding this position for FOREVER and making tiny movements to work those areas. I could barely do each position cause it burned so bad! Loved the intensity of the workout and the music and super hot room. However not a fan of the prices, for a year membership it is $2,250!! WOW! Maybe I could do this class every once in a while or maybe I could get a membership if I wont the lottery!! Great time though and I got to spend it with Elyse and 2 of her friends (new friends for me yippee!). 


Wednesday: R.I.P.P.E.D + ab section at the end. This was a finals week class so it was a different schedule and Aly changed up the class a bit since we had 55 minutes. I was very sweaty after this class and I was already sore before from Pure Barre so this class felt great on my muscles!!




So those were my workouts for the week. 


What's your favorite workout?


Have you tried Pure Barre?

No comments:

Post a Comment