Paisley

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Survey Fun!


  • Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate! Egg nog is weird and thick and makes me gag!
  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
What fun would it be if they were just laying out for everyone to see. The best part is tearing into a box having no idea the surprise that lies within!! And then having  a mess of paper to pick up afterwards. By the way, I am not a fan of gift bags! One year Lisa put everyone’s gifts in decorative boxes or bags and wrapped all of mine because of the little kid inside me wanting to tear into things! Although I am guilty of wrapping others gifts in gift bags if I have them!

  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White outside, colored or white on the tree! I think all white looks so elegant outside. However, we do not have any lights outside and that makes me feel super lame :(
  • Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I wish I knew where to get some! It's so festive!
  • When do you hang your decorations up?
Typically the week after Thanksgiving, even though Michael seems to believe that this is way too early. He also likes to have them done ASAP, which I am TOTALLY against. It's a holiday SEASON not  holiday 3 days!! duh! I will get my way, you better believe it!

  • What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Well, I guess I always love me some mashed potatoes. My step-aunt makes this delicious "pretzel salad" that I absolutely adore. It's strawberry jello, pretzels, and coolwhip or something, but it's served with our meal so it's not dessert!
  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Hmmm...thinking back I can remember getting our Foosball table at my parents house. We ran out to the garage to see it set up ready to go and my brother and I played Foosball in the freezing garage in our PJs!
  • What is on your Christmas wish list?
I really really really want a Garmin running watch. Hmmm...and I guess I need work clothes. And of course that list I made after thanksgiving with all kinds of running stuff and boots. I mean I could go on for days with this list. I better stop her or I'm going to get too greedy!
  • Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
Growing up we always were allowed to open ONE gift after the 11pm Christmas Eve service at our church! It was also so exciting but so hard to choose which one to open!

  • How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Before Michael and I were married he bought a pre-light smaller but big enough Christmas tree. He even bought red and silver ornaments and tinsel. So I decorate with that PLUS some of my ornaments including all of the dog ornaments I mentioned in this post and a Disney ornament from when I went with Anika last year for her 21st birthday
  • Snow? Love it or dread it?
Ok i'm not a total scrooge! I love snow on Christmas day or eve. And I like it the first couple of times it snows. But after that, I'm good. It just gets messy, dirty, and wet. And I'm short, my pants/legs are constantly soaking wet from dragging in the snow!

Hopper however LOVES the snow!! You can't get the dog to come inside when it snows!

  • Real tree or fake tree?
It depends. I grew up having a real tree each and every year and the real tree smell is to die for! But then you have that mess that comes with it to and I hate watching it slowly die. Fake trees are nice and evenly distributed with branches, etc. however unsmooshing then each year is slightly annoying. I guess I'm undecided!
  • Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift? That's hard. I feel very blessed each and every year for even being able to receive gifts. Noteable gifts: sleds, foosball table, camera, our trip to San Fran, and I"m sure a million others things that have slipped my mind and I'm sorry I forget right now to whoever gave it to me!
  • What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Um hello, family and eating. Which are probably 2 of my favorite things anyway. I mean eating with family, what can be better than that? OH and a great excuse to stay in your PJs ALLLLLLL day :)

  • What is your favorite holiday dessert?
PUMPKIN PIE or PUMPKIN ROLL with cool whip and ice cream. PERFECTION. DONE!
  • What is your favorite tradition?
Going to Christmas Eve service, the same one that I've always gone to growing up at 11pm. Sadly I don't think that Michael and I will be making it this year :(

  • What tops your tree?
A gold star that lights up when you plug in the tree!
  • Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving is so much fun. And slightly scary thinking that someone might not enjoy your gift and you take it personal. However, it's a wonderful feeling watching someone open something that you took the time to pick out especially for them and wrap up all pretty! But you know, everyone loves getting gifts too, not gonna lie!
  • What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have ALWAYS loved the First Noel ever since I was little. I was reaffirmed of my love for this song when NSYNC came out with their version of the First Noel. I do love any traditional Christmas song though!

  • Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Meh. They are super sticky and awkward to eat around the bend of the candy cane. I would prefer a mint ! :)

  • Favorite Christmas movie?
ELF! Hilarious! I Also enjoy The Santa Claus with Tim Allen. And then of course the classics like Charlie Brown. I need to see White Christmas still. Anyone wanna watch it with me?

  • What do you leave for Santa?
We used to leave cookies and milk. Does anyone else leave anything besides that?!

  • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Wake up super early like you are still a small child. Wait for parents to wake up. Stay in PJs. Open presents while taking pictures of the dogs and everyone looking super sleepy. We normally open presents one at a time in the order of youngest to oldest. Then making breakfast, changing into new outfits and then heading to Lexington for the day. (this has been the recent tradition). However this year I don't think we are going to be at either parent's house and my parents didn't even put up a Christmas tree. I guess it's time to make our own traditions! What are you traditions ? Any ideas for something the two of us could do together to make a tradition for our future family? 

  • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Well this year I got a massive amount of gifts online. It was wonderful and easy, however, there are it's drawbacks like not being able to physically check out the product. but what is better than your shopping being delivered directly to your door?! PLUS the mall in Lexington is the worst place on earth during Christmas-time along with during the year. No parking. People don't know how to drive, etc. 
  • Christmas letter or Christmas card?
I L-O-V-E getting Christmas cards with pictures on them and an update letter. That's what we did this year!! Hint hint, send me your Christmas cards fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment