Paisley

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Legacy Trail!

This morning Michael and I got up extra early for something fun! We rode the Lexington Legacy Trail with Michael's dad!!

Michael's Dad, Greg, picked us up around 8:30, we loaded up our bikes, and headed out to the Legacy trail! None of us had ever ridden on it before but I had heard a lot about it. It definitely made my list of things we NEED to do this summer, so I'm glad I was able to check it off!

For those of you not from around these parts, the Legacy Trail is a new 12 mile walking, running, cycling, rollerblading trail in Lexington that starts downtown and finishes at the KY horse park!

The trail is gorgeous and really well maintained. Since it was a Saturday morning there were a good amount of people on the trail but it wasn't annoying or anything. The trail is awesome and weaves through some pretty Lexington scenery with some nice rolling Kentucky hills! And many different points where you can park throughout the trail if you aren't looking for a really long run or ride. I unfortunately did not bring a camera but here are some pictures I googled so you can get an idea of what we saw today! BTW we had perfect sun shiny weather for our ride too!

 
All 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Since we started at the Northside YMCA we didn't do the full trail but we ended up doing about 17 miles and we were pretty sweaty by that point, it was starting to get hot out!

One of my favorite things was seeing the beautiful spider webs on the fences with the dew settled on them. Also, I love all the bridges on the trail, pretty cool!

This is definitely something Michael and I will do again. It really was a lot of fun and not too much work!! What a great way to start the day!

After our ride we treated ourselves to the Great Harvest Bread Company lunch we tried to have yesterday. Oh my goodness, their bread is so good. And once again we got a free slice. This time it was the Mountain Crunch which was loaded with things like tofu, millet, nuts, bran, and much more and it was SO good, you definitely couldn't tell all of that was in it!!

For our lunches I got a turkey sandwich with avocado, lettuce, tomato, and a blue cheese spread on it. SO GOOD. I saved half of it for dinner! (p.s. check out the quality of these pics from my phone, DANG, they're good!)


Michael got a Country Turkey sandwich with peppers and vinaigrette and he enjoyed his thoroughly as well!


A Good day was definitely already under our belts by 1:00 pm, impressive! Now time to start pulling stuff together for my last official FULL free day of freedom before I head off to Chicago tomorrow evening for training...booooo...goodbye freedom...hello paycheck?!

No comments:

Post a Comment