Paisley

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It Tis Workout Wednesday Friends!

P.S. still loving this graphic by Jessica S.!

With a job that I spend about 10 hours at during the day and 30 minutes driving to each day it has taken me a little while to get acclimated to the schedule but I think this week I may be falling more into a rhythm. I say I feel like I barely worked out,  but I still got some in here or there but I believe I feel at least 100 times better during the day and the day after I get a good exercise in. It lifts my morale and of course the endorphins are great. If you are feelin' a little slumpy during the week maybe you should go get your blood pumpin' and see if you start feelin' a little better :) I promise you will!
So here are my workouts for the past week:

Thursday: This was my meltdown day. I think I spend more time sweating from crying than exercising. Well, that is definitely true because I didn't exercise at all. But looking back at that day now I can see I am on the upward slope!

Friday: Once again no exercise, went straight from work, to vineyard concert, then to bed.

Saturday: 16 mile bike ride with Michael's dad down the Legacy Trail. I want to ride this trail everyday until the weather starts getting bad, although that is unreasonable, maybe I can do it once a week?!

Sunday: Busy day catching up from the past week. House was a wreck. I'll count that as 1/2 an exercise point for the day, but no real carved out exercise.

Monday: WONDERBAR 5k nighttime run with Mr. Carson-pants. Pace was great. Breathing great. Legs felt great. I was even running in front of the long-legged Carson for at least 50% of the run and he's typically a super fast guy!

Tuesday: Another wonderful run this evening, 4.65 random miles with one of the best people I know, Becca! Another night of feelin' good and feelin' happy!

Wednesday: Today I tried out a new workout class at the Johnson Center since I have a "spouse" membership and haven't really been using it I thought I should check out some of the new classes. It' s kinda  a bummer that I can't do a lot of the classes though cause I'm not home from work until like 6:30. I am still a little uncertain about whether or not I liked this new class, I guess I can determine a little by how I feel tomorrow and then maybe give it another shot cause it is the Wednesday 7pm class. This is it's description:
 
Group Rx: RIP
This barbell program brings fun to your workout by matching movement to music using traditional strength training exercises, allowing you to work at your own level! Have a blast while building strength through your entire body!
I don't really think the movement was to music as they say above. It was kinda like we were lifting weights with too fast dance music in the background. And there were 2 teachers and they would switch like every set of reps between arms and legs, which was kinda of weird. Also, I am pretty weak so this was hard for me, probably a hint that I should continue to go to this class because lifting and toning like this is great for your body and helps burn fat!
 
------------------------------------
Also, check out my yummy breaky this morning (sadly the raspberries are all gone now so I must return to the cereal for breakfast):
 Also, one of the perks to of driving to work at 7:40 in the AM...pretty sunshine and clouds!
 Happy Wednesday Folks!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me so much! I just want you to know that! :)

    As you could probably see from my post, I have been sucking at the workouts lately. Your bit of cheering on up there really helped me out! I workout out this morning and I have had the BEST day! :)

    ReplyDelete