Paisley

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A day full of FOOD!

So today was the unintentional day of food for me. I'll start you from the beginning:

This morning I woke up feeling like making Michael breakfast in bed, so I did. I made waffles and sausage and it was fun and hard to eat in bed with the fear of making a syrupy mess!

This was also Michael's "Photo of the Day"
After Breakfast we jetted out to run some errands around town and Michael got a spiffy new suit, dress shirt, and 2 ties. Man, does he look good! :)

After shopping with Michael I met Mrs. Vanna Armstrong (weird, I was about to type Sargent, but that is definitely not her name anymore!) at the mall food court. Yes, I have only eaten at the food court like once or twice before during my whole 4 1/2 years in Lexington and in the span of TWO days I have gone twice. But it was the convenience and food options that led us to meet there. I had a great time chatting with Vanna, she is one of my besties and I hadn't seen her in a LONG while because our schedules always conflict!

This is pretty Vanna on her wedding day! I'm in a black dress in the background, Matron of Honor WHOOP WHOOP!
Then, I came home and Michael and I detailed our cars together, it was barely warm enough but we thought it was about time to clean up our cars, they were covered in salt and POO. So we vacuumed at home and then took our cars to the quarter car wash and did our best, they don't look awesome but better than before.

After the car cleaning escapade, Michael had a ticket to the LSU vs UK game (which we KILLED LSU in) so I stayed home and decided I wanted to cook/bake. Here's what I did:

Ingredients for Stuffed Peppers with Couscous...I have never had stuffed peppers before but was willing to attempt unknowingly

Ingredients for Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing - recipe from the Merchak girls I used to nanny!

Ingredients for more puppy treats, they went through the other ones pretty fast!

my cupcakes, yummy!

The stuffed peppers turned out DELICIOUS! definitely something I will add to my cooking rotation

My baked goods, completed, dog treats in back cupcakes all iced in front (Yes, the cupcake wrappers are Halloween, that's all we had and I'm cheap!) I've never made a carrot cake before and i think it turned out quite well

my "perfect" cupcake

scary, how are they going to taste?!?

No worries, they're tasty!
Next for the evening, going to see the movie I talked about earlier this week, "The King's Speech", with Michael's parents and sister, it should be a good time! Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment