Paisley

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A surprising twist to a poopy day

Most of the day was pretty icky for me today but it took a nice twist after class this evening. I get out of class at 6 everyday and Drew (in my program AND in my couples bible study) invited me over to his swanky apartment for dinner with himself and his wife Catherine. W(Michael was there too of course!) Drew and I worked on homework/projects while awaiting for our spouses to arrive.


This is Drew and Catherine Hamilton:
Aren't they super cute?!?! They got married this past New Years Eve!
 I had just gotten a paper back with a not so great grade, ok so terrible, yeah, it pretty much blew ALL focus I had for the rest of class today. But Drew and Catherine knew how to boost my mood. Michael and I got to enjoy Catherine's yummy baked Ziti, salad, and bread and Michael ran by Kroger on the way there and grabbed some Oreo Klondike bars! PERFECTO!


After a scrum-diddly-umptious dinner, Drew and Catherine asked if we wanted to play a card game.

And then Drew said it... "How about Euchre?"...

Bleck...I threw up in my mouth, growing up in Northern KY there were definitely Euchre snobs and I had been taught Euchre at least 10 times, intentionally forgetting how to play because the game annoyed me. The only game my high school youth group would play together was Euchre and it took too long and required too much of my attention span. 


But being the good sport that I am.. :)... and  Michael's super excitement about learning the game, I decided maybe I could try it again. AND YOU KNOW WHAT?!!? I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Michael and Catherine were on a team and Drew and I were on a team. Let's just say Drew and I dominated (it definitely helped to have a Euchre expert on my team) we won both games!  Michael enjoyed the game so much he made Euchre his "photo of the day" 

I have really enjoyed getting to know Drew and Catherine over the past months and I can't wait to hangout with them more.  We always seem to have a good time together, God has really blessed us with a strong core group of friends and it is amazing how he has extended our friendships beyond our weekly bible study. I feel like we see someone from our bible study 5 out of the 7 days in a week and that makes me happy! :)
And even though I am still up right now finishing up homework and trying to write my blog without falling asleep (Michael and I normally go to bed at like 10:30, Michael's long gone) it was totally worth the sleep deprivation to be able to hang out with such an amazing, God-focused couple!

Sorry if there is SUPER bad grammar beyond the usual or any nonsensical speech, Ashey is exhausted! Good night blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment