Paisley

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring has SPRUNG!

YAY! First day of Spring is perfect in all it's gorgeous-ness here in the bluegrass! I would take a day like this EVERY DAY for the rest of my life. You can drive with the windows down. Be comfortable in shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, or flip flops. You can open up the windows in the house. Bliss.

First off, I must mention, UK's win over WVU! For those of you who do not follow sports, we lost to them last year, so this year we made our revenge (struggled to).

Loading...
But it was a win and we will be moving on to play Ohio State...boooo... it'll be a tough game but maybe we can do it!

In other news. Today Michael got me my early birthday present!

New running shoes! I have had the same pair of running shoes for about a year now so it was definitely time! These are Brooks which I've never ran in before (I've had Asics and Mizunos) so hopefully they will do! I won't be trying them out today, because something about my 4.8 mile run on the treadmill yesterday really aggravated the outside of my left foot and knee (I'm thinking it may have been the old shoes) so I'm going to give my legs a rest. Even though I'd love to be jogging in this gorgeous weather!

I also got some more school supplies. When you use Becker CPA review, you go through A LOT of highlighters! What's better than new school supplies?!
check it!


It was fun to walk around the HUGE Kroger on Richmond Road with Michael and shop for random things like pens and dog toys. It was nice not having to rush through, and enjoy our time together. I loved it. The end.


Today we also went to visit Michael's Grandma, Mamaw, in the hospital. She was awake and doing a lot better than yesterday. She REALLY scared everyone yesterday, but her surgery went a lot better than expected. Since the surgery was on her bowels, she can't eat for a couple of days, but hopefully her health will improve as the week goes on!
Mamaw and Michael
What I was planning on posting about yesterday evening was our dinner. I copied my friend Holly's blog post and made Frittatas and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. It was yum-o! The Frittatas had cheese, red peppers, and spinach in them and it was SUPER easy to make! And so were the roasted potatoes. I just cut up the potatoes, rolled them in extra virgin olive oil and tossed in rosemary and some salt and stuck them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes, they were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just how I like them! I think it was a success. I ate leftover Frittata for lunch today!
Michael's plate of food
2 random things for today:
1. My current obsession, thank you to the Easter season is jellybeans. I crave them. I buy them. I eat them. We have already eaten a bag of Starburst jellybeans and we tried a new kind this time, Nerds Jellybeans, and they are yummy too, very tangy but chewy in the middle! mmmm!! Love me some sugar!


2. I needed to include this picture somewhere. Michael asked me to get him a blanket when he was laying on the couch. Well my yoga mat is on top of the blankets. So I grabbed it and laid in on him like a blanket. I don't think he was amused. But I was!
Naturally, a yoga mat blanket
Well tomorrow marks my first day of 2 new classes, sadly spring break is coming to an end. I am dreading the combo of class and Becker. And sadly, for those of you that are curious, I still do not know the results of the first 2 CPA exams I've taken. It's getting slightly frustrating, but hey, what can I do?!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their beautiful lazy Sunday full of sun, naps, the NCAA tourny, or hanging out outside!

3 comments:

  1. Yay frittata! And the yoga blanket is awesome!!!!! I don't like the smell of yoga mats though... weird! We need to get the dogs to go to a dog park at the same time someday soon!
    AND- I love Brooks. They've been my only running shoe, I am married to the Brooks Adrenalines! Hope your new shoes are everything you've ever wanted and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Brooks Ghosts ... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - I don't like the smell of yoga mats either, they're weird! And let me know when you want to tak the dogs to the dog park in the future. I am free during the day until about 2 cause I have class from 2:30-5:30. But the dogs love the park if you wanna make a date of it sometime soon! I'm impressed you recognized what kind of shoes my running shoes were (they are Adrenalines!).

    Anne and Holly - I ran in my Brooks this morning they worked great I suppose, I think my body was just physically tired so it was hard for me to run, but the weather was perfect and my feet didn't hurt so all is well!

    ReplyDelete